Every year mosquito-borne diseases, especially malaria and dengue, create a massive
nuisance in India. The burden of mosquito-borne diseases is increasing every day, and the
enhanced awareness is influencing the mosquito retractable screens market in India.
In this article, we’ll discuss the mosquito screen industry in India. But before that, let’s
understand the basics.
But what exactly is a retractable screen? And how does it help prevent mosquito-borne
Mosquito Screen Doors: Definition
Mosquito screen doors are mesh-integrated retractable or Zipline screens fitted on a frame
(aluminium, wooden, or PVC). Thus these screen doors function as a protective door or window
solution for your homes and offices by preventing the entry of disease-spreading mosquitoes.
Install the retractable mosquito net on the doors, windows, balconies, patios, and awnings.
Factors Influencing The Purchase Of
Mosquito Doors In India
The Burden Of Mosquito Related Disease In India
Vector-borne diseases are among the most fundamental factors driving the sales of the door,
window, and retractable screens.
● Almost 1.3 billion Indian population are at high risk of malaria infection.
● India accounts for 2% of the global malaria incidence and 2% of global malaria-related deaths
● India also accounts for 85.2% of the malarial disease burden in South East Asia.
● Almost 47% of the global P. vivax malaria burden comes from the Indian sub-continent.
● The highest seroprevalence of dengue causing mosquitoes was as follows-
● southern regions (76·9%),
● western (62·3%), and
● northern (60·3%) regions.
● Urbanization is one of the crucial causes contributing to this disease. You can see this by the
statistics showing that the seroprevalence was greater for urban areas (70.9%) when compared
to rural areas (42.3%).
● Urbanization is happening in India exponentially. Therefore India is poised to see further
upsurges of dengue.
Improved Human Development Index
The Human Development Index(HDI) of India defines itself as a measuring scale for living
conditions in India. The scale involves resource consumption, expenditure, and health factors
for calculating the HDI.
● In 1990 they introduced the Human Development Index (HDI) as 0.387 in 1999-2000.
● In the year 2018, the HDI for India stood at 0.647.
The increasing rate in HDI indicates better living conditions for average citizens in the country.
Per capita income and purchasing power has increased substantially.
Therefore an increase in demand for home comfort. Drives sales of the door and balcony
Modernized Architecture And Building Design Standards
The growing popularity of large outdoor spaces, terraces, extra-large windows, and balconies
has led to the rise in demand for glamour and elegant homes.
Miniature gardens, small koi pond-like structures, indoor plants, and other nature-inspired
design features attract insects. Therefore, the installation of mosquito
retractable zipline screens have become the go-to for your homes.
With the rising demand for patios, balconies, terraces, gardens, etc., in urban houses, the
mosquito retractable mesh doors market is forecasted to grow steadily in the future.
The yearly disposable incomes have increased substantially, and so has the quality of life.
Therefore, the Indian population is inclined to invest in mosquito-repellent design solutions for
homes that aren’t just practical but improve the house’s aesthetic appeal. These interdependent
factors have led to the growth of retractable mosquito screen doors in India.